Tech, January 20: Samsung’s new flagship phone is just a month away from being official. The new Samsung S9 is set to be launched in February 2018.
According to the leaks via Eveleaks, the flagship will be launched on 26th February and the pre-sale will begin by 1st of March.
According to a C-level executive at a major casemaker, the go-to-market schedule for Galaxy S9 / S9+ is as follows:
Launch – 2/26
Pre-orders – 3/1
Ships/releases – 3/16
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) January 16, 2018
The Samsung S9 and S9+ will come with a display of 5.8″ and 6.2″ respectively. The phone will be built with Gorilla Glass 5 on both the front and back side.
The phone will come with a pre-installed Android 8.0 (Oreo) which is the latest Android OS.
The specs that are known for Samsung S9 and S9+ are as follows:
- Body Build: Front/Back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), Aluminium Frame
- Display Type: Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 16M Colors
- Display Size: 6.2″ (S9+) & 5.8″ (S9)
- Dislay Resolution: 1440 x 2960 pixels, (~531 ppi S9+, ~568 ppi S9)
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Core: Octa-core
- Internal Memory:
- S9+: 128 GB, 6 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4GB RAM
- S9: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary Camera:
- S9+: Dual, 12 MP (f/1.6, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 12MP (f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.6″, 1 µm, AF), OIS, phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, LED flash
- S9: 12 MP (f/1.5, 26mm, 1/2.5″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF), phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, HDR, dual-video
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/1.6, auto focus, 1440p, dual video call, Auto HDR
The price hasn’t been confirmed by Samsung yet. The Inquirer has suggested that the price may be around £689 and £779 SIM-free.
The international launch date for Nepal and Price in Nepal is yet to be revealed.