- Raptors win 114-110 over Warriors in dramatic Game 6
- Thompson (30 points) sidelined by injury in third quarter
- Lowry and Siakam lead way for Toronto with 26 apiece
- Kawhi Leonard named NBA finals Most Valuable Player
- As it happened: Raptors beat Warriors to win NBA finals
In front of a hostile Oracle Arena crowd that stood on their feet screaming from wire to wire, the Toronto Raptors made history.
The NBA’s lone Canadian team won the first NBA championship in their 24-year history, beating the Golden State Warriors, 114-110, in Game 6 of the finals on Thursday night.
Written by Melissa Rohlin at Oracle Arena, Oakland
This news first appeared on https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/14/toronto-raptors- under the title “Raptors send Toronto into raptures as they beat Warriors to take first NBA title”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.